Nancy discovered her passion for human movement on the ski slopes of Steamboat. She spent 15 years as a professional ski instructor, fascinated by how people moved and how the body interacted with skis and snow. She earned her Alpine Level III Certification (full alpine) and then continued her study of biomechanics, graduating from the University of Colorado Health Sciences Program with a Masters of Science in Physical Therapy.
Frustrated with the limitations of some traditional practices of physical therapy, Nancy pursued certification in Functional Manual Therapy™ through the Institute of Physical Art (IPA), the national accrediting body for FMT™. She earned Functional Manual Therapist Certification and continued as a Fellow in the Director’s Program, mentoring under Gregg Johnson and Vicky Saliba Johnson. Nancy is now a member of the faculty of IPA, teaching Functional Gait and Functional Mobilization Lower Quadrant to physical therapists around the country.
Always seeking to deepen her understanding of how the body should move, Nancy earned a Fellowship in the American Academy of Orthopedic and Manual Physical Therapists (FAAOMPT) in 2009.
Nancy specializes in diagnosing and resolving chronic injuries, pelvic dysfunctions (especially involving the coccyx), and retraining movement patterns both of injured area and the whole body.
Nancy has ridden horses since she was 4 years old. She owns two horses, Calisto and Finn, with whom she competes at a high level in the equestrian sport of dressage. She teaches clinics on rider biomechanics and posture. Nancy lives in Lafayette with her husband Ken and two cats, Meika and Sadie.
As of 5/10/21, FPT will be combining offices to practice out of our Boulder location; Nancy, who has been splitting time between the two locations, will be practicing full time in Boulder.
- 2009 Fellow, American Academy of Orthopedic and Manual Physical Therapists (FAAOMPT)
- Faculty for Functional Gait and Functional Mobilization Lower Trunk for the Institute of Physical Art
- 2004 Fellow, Functional Manual Therapy Fellowship (FFMT), Institute of Physical Art
- 2003 Functional Manual Therapist Certification (CFMT), Institute of Physical Art
- 2002 Equine Sports Massage Therapist Certification
- 2001 Therapeutic Riding Instruction Certification, Professional Association of Therapeutic Horsemanship International
- Licensed Physical Therapist and member of the American Physical Therapy Association since 1999
- 1999 Masters of Science in Physical Therapy (MSPT) from the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver
- 1992 Alpine Level III (full alpine) Certification, Professional Ski Instructors of America
- 1986 Bachelor of Arts in History, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island
- 2011 United States Dressage Federation Bronze Medalist
- 2016 United States Dressage Federation Silver Medalist